Fix: Tableau – You Do Not Have Permission to Publish to This Server
You receive he following error trying to publish as server admin in Tableau Server.
You do not have permission to publish to this server. Contact your Tableau Server administrator for access.
As outlined by Tableau support, perform the following steps.
1. In Tableau Server, navigate to Server > Users.
2. Select the check box for the affected user.
3. Go to Actions > Site Membership.
4. Clear the Server Admin option. The list of sites and site roles should appear. One or more of the sites to which the user is trying to publish will have a Site Role of Interactor.
5. Click Save.
6. Go to Actions > Site Membership.
7. Select the Server Admin option and click Save.