If you had an item sell because of a suspicious buyer, eBay will notify you and cancel the bid(s). Also, see about a sold eBay item and a pending PayPal
payment and potential for a scam. Below is an example email you might receive from eBay.
We had to cancel bids for the buyer, USER, because they aren't registered on eBay:
We've also made it easy to relist your item if it was removed. Although the item is no longer available in search listings, you will find it in the Sold section of My eBay. For more information, please visit:http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/relist.html
We recommend you take the following actions if this buyer won the item:
- If you haven't received payment, don't complete the sale or send the item to the buyer.
- Don't communicate with the buyer directly.
- Verify any payments you've been notified of by logging into your PayPal account (or other online payment service).
- If the buyer requests a refund or additional payments, don't send any money without contacting eBay first.
- If you've already sent the item, try contacting the shipping carrier to find out if you can stop shipment.
In these types of situations, we may, at our sole discretion, decide whether to credit the fees for removed listings.
- We have credited all associated fees except for the final value fee for your listing(s).
If you have any concerns or questions, click "Help & Contact" at the top of most eBay pages.
We're sorry for this inconvenience, and thanks for continuing to work with us.