When trying to open a Microsoft Excel file, you may receive the following error.
“” could not be found. Check the spelling of the file name, and verify that the file location is correct.
If you are trying to open the file from your list of most recently used files, make sure that the file has not been renamed, moved, or deleted.
Go to Excel Options -> Add-Ins. Check for any missing add-in’s and uncheck them from the list.
If that does not work do:
1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
3. Open the following registry key:
4. In the right pane, click (Default).
5. On the Edit menu, click Modify.
6. Remove the %1 from the end of the Value data string so that the data string reads as follows:
"C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT OFFICE\OFFICE\EXCEL.EXE" /e
7. Click OK, and then close Registry Editor.