If you are using the Google Maps plugin in your website to display a Google Map location, you see the plugin is not working on first page load and you receive the following message.
Oops! Something went wrong.
More than likely, you don’t have a Google Maps API key installed in your plugin. Verify this by following the steps below.
- In Google Chrome browser, open developer tools.
- Browse again to the webpage with Google Maps plugin. Click Console tab in developer tools.
- If you see the following error: Google Maps API error: RefererNotAllowedMapError this is caused by an invaliad or missing API key, which you now need to access Google Maps.
- Go to get Google API key and register a new key.
- Add your new Google Maps API key to the web plugin.