The RoboCalls are invading! Are they coming from the same area code, prefix, and in some cases, your own number? Over the last couple of months, we have seen a surge in RoboCalls coming from our private numbers area code and prefix. These “cleverer” calls trick you into picking up since it looks like a number you are used to seeing. Luckily, you can block a RoboCall originating from a real number. If a RoboCall originates for an Unknown number, you will not be able to block it as the originating caller ID is masked.
Block RoboCall iPhone
- Go to Phone -> Recents and select the “i" next to the RoboCall number.
- Scroll to the bottom and select Block this Caller.
To review your list of blocked callers, go to Settings -> Phone -> Call Blocking & Identification.
Here are some other ways you can deal with RoboCalls.
* Put your phone in Do Not Disturb mode and enable Emergency Bypass for callers only in your contact list (iPhone).
* Register your number at the National Do Not Call Registry here to help avoid unsolicited calls.
* For mobile phones, you can download a call blocking app. Search in your app store for these apps and read reviews thoroughly before installing anything like this.
* Check with your phone carrier about services they offer for call filtering. For example, AT&T offers call protect currently a free service you can subscribe to.
If you have been experiencing a barrage of RoboCalls and have other ideas on how to prevent them, please leave a comment below.