How To: What Build is My Mac?
You may be asked to provide your Mac OS X build version under certain circumstances. So what is a Mac build version? Each version of Mac OS X has a unique build version. Builds are specific to Mac hardware. Here are some easy ways to check for Mac X build numbers.
Find Mac X Build Number in System Report
1. Go to -> About This Mac -> System Report -> and click Software to reveal system version info and build number.
Find Mac X Build Number in Terminal
1. Open Terminal (Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal)
2. Type the following command
3. Build version will display on the third line.
4. You can also get Terminal to search System Profiler for your build version by typing the following command
system_profiler |grep "System Version
You can find more useful Mac X troubleshooting commands here.