Fix: Couldn’t Update Status. There Was a Problem Updating Your Status – Facebook
If you recently tried posting an update to your Facebook profile or Fan Page, you may receive an error below.
Couldn’t Update Status
There was a problem updating your status. Please try again in a few minutes.
You may receive this error; however, your update status will still post. If it does not post successfully, try the following steps below.
- If you already tried re-sharing the link in a Facebook post without success, you can convert the URL using Bitly. This creates a masked URL for the original URL, and Facebook should share this link just fine.
- Try sharing a Google cache link of the page – see how to instantly open any google indexed page.
- Try to share the same link in a different web browser.
- Reset browser cache. See how to reset cache in Google Chrome.
- If all else fails, find and share a related article online if one exists.